May 5, 2011

Three things Thursday

1. I signed up for the St. Jude Memphis Marathon! It will be my first full marathon, and I am terrified. I had a great time at the Bentonville Half, and I want to see if I can push myself even farther. Trea will be running it too.


2. I tweeted running legend Bart Yasso about the race, and HE TWEETED ME BACK. Be still my heart. This made my day!


3. I'm running a 5K in less than two days. The Gold Rush 5K is Friday evening. I thought it would be good idea, after working all day, to run a fast race on a course I'm not familiar with, on practically no training at all. My only other 5K was last October, and I finished in about 34 minutes. I will be amazed if my time improves at all since I've taken so much time off lately and have done basically no speed or tempo work (ever). This ought to be interesting. Wish me luck. I will need it!! If nothing else, at least I got lots of cool stuff. A tech shirt (to add to my collection of too-big race shirts that I'll never wear - why does no one offer XS??), a running hat and Burt's Bees lip balm! Even though I'm not thrilled with the shirt size, this is an awesome swag bag, in my opinion.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Anna! I'm running the Gold Rush too. You are welcome to join me...I'm shooting for around 29-32 minutes. Just depends on the day:) I'll be in a Rush Running singlet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaaaaay! I am so stinkin excited for you! Can't wait to follow your training through your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm training for this race too! I found your blog via That Pink Girl's blog. I lurk! Excited. This was my first week of my 17week training.

    I see you are doing a mud run too. I have one next weekend. Will stop by with helpful tips after my race!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...