June 18, 2011

Father's Day

I have the best parents. I've always thought so. They selflessly made sure my brother and I had everything we needed and gave us a happy home. They've loved me through thick and thin.

Even when I was a surly teenager.


This weekend is for celebrating Dad, but I'm thankful every single day for both of my parents. Dad taught me how to drive (fast) and Mom taught me how to cook. Dad took me hiking and fishing, and Mom made sure I had the sparkliest dresses.

Together, they taught me what a home is and how a marriage should be. They taught me to respect my elders and to not pass notes in church. From them, I learned the value of a hard day's work, to always remember to count my blessings, to give back when others are in need, and I learned that NASCAR is a real sport.

They're a great team, and I know I'm biased, but I think their hard work paid off for two great kids.


So Happy Father's Day, Dad! You - and Mom - are the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...