January 20, 2011

The grass is greener

Today, in a feeble attempt to preserve my sanity and to keep myself from fleeing to the southernmost tip of Florida, I am thinking of happier things. Instead of January, I am thinking of June. Patiently waiting for a time when temperatures will be higher than the wind speed. Picturing myself here.


Instead of here.


Back at Flamenco Beach, where the sand is as white as my husband and life is perfect.


Summer.
A time of sundresses, flip flops, open sunroofs and green leaves. When the whole neighborhood smells like fresh cut grass and charcoal smoke.


When Country Time lemonade commercials come on every five minutes and the sight of kids jumping in a lake brings tears of joy to my eyes.


When we sit on the swing outside and watch the hummingbirds bicker until the bats come out.


And every weekend smells like Hawaiian Tropic instead of Vicks VapoRub.

Not a photo of me.

In the summertime, the grass is greener and I can run in the daylight until almost 9:00 p.m. I can run down my favorite path without fear of slipping on ice or freezing my nose off.


So even though it's months away, I'm (im)patiently waiting for June. When I can actually follow my training plan instead of being snowed in and I can run whenever and wherever I want.

And then I'll blog about being too hot.

*Special thanks to Lawgirl for tagging me with the Stylish Blogger Award! I'm not sure what it means, but I'm happy about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...