July 21, 2010

What I do when I'm not running


Photography

I have a fabulous camera (Nikon D60) and a beautiful dog. But no matter how hard I try, I can never get a decent picture of Bella. I have friends (you know who you are) that take beautiful pictures and their dogs sit patiently, very still, while they're photographed.

Bella stays at my heels with a toy begging to play.


She's also very interested in tasting the camera.


When I give her commands to make her pose, she refuses to look at me.


So I have to make a funny noise to get her attention.


A few days ago, I finally learned the trick: immense patience and a massive zoom lens.


Gardening

Trea has been working every weekend lately, all weekend, to make our yard beautiful. He built a new flower bed and has planted tomatoes, basil, parsley and oregano. (The squash didn't survive.) It's so exciting to be able to cook with things that we've grown!




And soon we will have basil year round!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...